Vivaldi – Arie Ritrovate
Performed by The Accademia Bizantina
Naïve | 13 mai 2008 | Classical | APE+CUE | 3% Recovery | 356 MB | Covers
This new release in Naïve’s acclaimed Vivaldi Edition is dedicated to forgotten Vivaldi opera arias.
Some of these arias were lost in the 18th century and have been found in manuscripts from Vivaldi’s personal collection held in Turin. This includes two arias from Scanderbeg, an opera composed by Vivaldi in 1718. The opera itself has been lost and the pieces featured on this new CD are the only ones that remain from this work.
The second part of the disc is made up of arias that are well-known but are performed here in different versions. They are taken from “Orlando furioso”, “Tito Manlio” and “La Verità in Cimento”. The release also includes two string concertos which feature the outstanding violinist Stefano Montanari who has himself appeared with great success on previous recordings in the Vivaldi Edition.
The Accademia Bizantina
, an orchestra specialising in 17th and 18th century repertoire played on original instruments, has been directed by the harpsichordist Ottavio Dantone since 1996. In that time the group has risen to become one of the most highly regarded period orchestras today, bringing fresh energy and creativity to the interpretation of Baroque music.
Contralto Sonia Prina is a highly regarded interpreter of early opera and has in recent years been Clarice in Rossini’s La pietra di paragone at the Théâtre du Châtelet, and performed the title role in Handel’s Rinaldo at La Scala Milan under the direction of Ottavio Dantone.
1. La Verita In Cimento, Rv739 : Sarai Qual Padre Mio
2. La Verita In Cimento, Rv739 : Se Vincer Non Si Puo
3. La Verita In Cimento, Rv739 : Mi Vuoi Tradir Lo So
4. Scanderbeg, Rv732 : Con Palme Ed Allori
5. Concerto Pour Cordes En Fa Majeur, Rv136 : Allegro
6. Concerto Pour Cordes En Fa Majeur, Rv136 : Andante
7. Concerto Pour Cordes En Fa Majeur, Rv136 : Minuetto, Allegro
8. Teuzzone, Rv736 : Per Lacerarlo
9. Tito Manlio, Rv738a : Abbia Respiro Il Cor
10. Tito Manlio, Rv738a : Perche Lacero Il Foglio
11. Tito Manlio, Rv738a : Tu Dormi In Tante Pene
12. Concerto Pour Violon En Si Bémol Majeur, Rv369 : Allegro Ma Poco
13. Concerto Pour Violon En Si Bémol Majeur, Rv369 : Largo
14. Concerto Pour Violon En Si Bémol Majeur, Rv369 : Allegro Ma Poco
15. Scanderbeg, Rv732 : S’A Voi Penso, O Luci Belle
16. Teuzzone, Rv736 : Vedi Le Mie Catene
17. Orlando Furioso, Rv84 : Porta Il Sol Del Tuo Sembiante
18. Teuzzone, Rv736 : Alma Mia Fra Tanti Affanni
Here’s Vivaldi vividly;